We’ve all had those days where we blink and 3 hours have flown past. Then you glance over at those overdue assignments sat on your desk screaming to be worked on and think must.stop.scrolling. Relatable? Well, you’ve come to the right place! The phrase ‘Fail to prepare, prepare to fail’ came to mind when we put together these awesome study session motivation tips!
Prep the space for your study session
Sound simple right? Well, it is!
Creating that perfect study space is key before even attempting to crack on with your study session. Following the steps below will get you prepped with all the space you need to maximise on all of that knowledge you’ll be absorbing!
- Less is more! Declutter and keep your desk clean and minimal
- Ditch the distractions – Pop your phone/tablet on do not disturb if not in use, avoid unnecessary scrolling!
- Get Comfy – Slip into your loungewear and get comfortable so you can get fully immersed when studying.
- Crack open a window and open those blinds! – Daylight is a natural mood booster so make the most of it when you can.
- Create a feel good playlist – Set the vibes and choose something that won’t have you leaving your desk for a cheeky bedroom rave!
- Schedule your time – Setting dedicated breaks can give you something to look forward to and avoid a burn out.
- Tools at the ready – Get your supplies to hand and all that you’ll need for your study session.
- Hydrate – Swap those energy drinks for H2O as water is proven to improve focus, memory and attention – win win!
Prep your mind
Your mind usually does all of the hard work when studying, so it’s super important to take care of it.
Taking a few minutes out to slow down your thoughts and reset your mind before getting stuck in to your study session can massively benefit your results! Think of it as stretching before running, you need to prep your body before sprinting so the mind should be no different!
An easy way to prep your mind is with the 4 7 8 breathing technique – the numbers represent the seconds per step! Why not give it a go?
1: Exhale deeply through your mouth, let it all out!
2: Close your mouth and inhale through your nose to a mental count of 4.
3: Hold your breath for a count of 7.
4: Exhale completely through your mouth and release any worries or tension!
We know that being a uni student can be tricky at times and believe that looking after your mental wellbeing should be top priority. Check out our super useful guide to help you take care of your mind.
Now that you’re all prepped and raring to go, it’s time to smash through those goals with ease – We’re rooting for you!