As a Fibre Network Designer you will be working as a central conduit to support group sales, fibre build and provisioning team with the optimum desktop design to serve our customer premises. Using GIS tools to identify to the most commercially viable option to service the intended network demand.
About the Role
- Creation of draft high-level network design including identifying the optimal route/s and deployment method with an estimated cost
- Make Inflight changes to designs as required
- Driving consistency, quality of GIS data, commercial best value and match to network demand needs
- Working alongside internal teams to ensure prompt responses are provided to better aid a seamless sale to the delivery customer journey
- Continuous dialogue and networking with external network providers to ensure GIS data is in the latest position including KMZ files
- Attending joint site surveys with sales or build a team as needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Pro-active and 'can-do’ approach
- Calm and able to work under extreme pressure to meet deadlines
- Drive to ensure excellent Customer Service
- Communication skills to be able to liaise with different teams, internally and externally
- Enjoys continuous improvement and sharing best practice
Qualifications / Technical Skills:
- Business systems experience i.e. Service Now, Salesforce, SAP
- PDF Editing
- Desktop planning & field survey experience
- GIS system experience
- Telecoms' civil knowledge & experience
- Carrier portal experience
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.