Your main responsibility will be to work within your regional delivery team (Regional Manager and Project Managers) to attend all customer sites requiring site activations/provisions of IT/VOIP services, wireless surveys and technical and infrastructure fault calls. You will be our eyes and ears for the delivery teams to ensure our customer requirements are met and put first. This role reports to the geographical Regional Delivery and Operation Manager
On any given day, you may find yourself busy with on-site working with the customer and regional delivery team to support their project delivery, conducting wireless surveys, liaising with 3rd parties on all customer sites and internal operational teams, resolving faults to our customer’s satisfaction, updating key internal stakeholders, and providing commission and wireless testing reports.
- On-site proactive and reactive response to customer demands
- Configuring, installing, and replacing network equipment as a key part of customer managed service provision
- Work closely with Glide project delivery team to assist with the delivery of new site openings through the activation of our managed service provision to new and existing site premises
- Conducting commissioning testing and production of associated reports.
- Conducting and producing accurate WI-FI coverage test surveys and reports to company procedure
- Assist in the management of service incidents and requests through on site diagnostics and 1st time fixes
- Accurate and timely provision of documentation including Site Visit reports
- Management of van stock to ensure all customer re-visits are kept to a minimum
Technical skills/ Qualifications
Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting networking equipment – predominantly Cisco 2960 catalyst models, small business switches, Ruckus Switching equipment
Conversant with principles and standards for Passive Optical Networks (PONs) and Point to Point networks with reference to Fibre to the Home (FttH) and fibre to the premises installations
Installation, acceptance test and fault find of Cat 5/6, multi/single mode fibre systems equipment
In possession of a relevant ECS or CSCS card
Asbestos awareness trained
Experience of building and installing wall and floor mounted cabinets
Competent to conduct comprehensive risk and method assessments and to produce the associated documentation
Terminate fibre with a wide range of interconnection devices and connector types, both hand and machine polishing techniques.
Splice all types of fibre including ribbon from standard G652 to laser enhanced speciality fibres OM1, OM2, OM3 and OS1.
Experienced in a range of fusion splicers such as Fujikura (FSM 60s & 50s) and Fitel (123 & 178) machines. Joining cables using variety of mechanical splices
Experience of working within a multi tenanted Data Centre environment
Install and terminate copper cabling (Cat 5,5e, 6) with a variety of interconnection devices and connector types
LAN Permanent link/channel testing with level 3 LAN Testers (Fluke DTX-1800, Fluke DSP-4000/5000)
Experience of installing access points onto ceilings, removal of back boxes and install wall mounted access points following installation best practices
Ability to interpret network schematic diagrams (Core/Distributor/Access)
Knowledge of 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum
Experience with Ekahau site surveying tools
Completion of wireless documentation site survey reports
Basic wireless troubleshooting skills.
Experience with wireless troubleshooting tools
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Very strong organizational and planning skills
You will need to have worked in the Information Technology (IT), Telecoms, or Internet Service Provider (ISP) as a Field Engineer. Working each day with the end customer on installation work and end user faults.
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day