The following list details all unacceptable uses of Glide's services. Glide maintains and promotes a policy of acceptable usage at all times, so please ensure that any use of Glide's services, by yourself or anyone in your household including other tenants or visitors, doesn't in any way contravene the restrictions listed below. You will also find below your responsibilities to help keep our network secure.
Please ensure that anyone using your account to access Glide's services agrees with this policy and is aware of their obligations under it. This extends to your children, members of your household, your tenants, your employees or office workers or any one accessing our network through your home, your properties or your offices.
- Unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities.
- Sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading, recording, reviewing, streaming or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person.
- Sending or uploading unsolicited emails which advertise or promote materials, offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters.
- Knowingly or negligently transmitting or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by Glide or any other internet user or person.
- Activities that invade another's privacy, cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Activities that are in breach of any other third party's rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material.
- Anything that may disrupt or interfere with Glide's network or services or cause a host or the network to crash.
- Launching "denial of service" attacks; "mailbombing" attacks; or "flooding" attacks against a host or network.
- Granting access to your Glide broadband service to others not specifically authorised by you.
- Circumventing the user authentication or security process of a host or network.
- Creating, transmitting, storing or publishing any virus, Trojan, corrupting programme or corrupted data.
- Monitoring or recording the actions of any person entitled to be in your home or business premises without their knowledge or any person or thing outside of your home or premises including, without limitation, any public highway or roadway or another person's home or business premises.
- Collecting, streaming, distributing or accessing any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.
You are responsible for ensuring that your usernames, passwords and login details for any Glide service or equipment remain confidential so that the network cannot be used by any unauthorised person including, but not limited to, those controlling access to (a) any computer hardware systems or networks; (b) any computer software or applications; or (c) any other services accessed by you in the use of either of the above. You shall not disclose these credentials to any third party, or use the same for any purpose connected with the improper use of the network including accessing or attempting to access other parts of the services for which you do not have access rights.
You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps necessary to prevent a third party obtaining access to our network.
You must immediately advise us if you become aware of any violation or suspected violation of these security provisions.
You are responsible for all uses made of the Glide broadband service through your account (whether authorised or unauthorised) and for any breach of this policy whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission. You agree that Glide is not responsible for any of your activities in using our network. Although the internet is designed to appeal to a broad audience, it's your responsibility to determine whether any of the content accessed via the Glide broadband service is appropriate for children or others in your household home or office to view or use.
Internet Watch Foundation
Glide supports the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). The IWF is the UK hotline for the public to report potentially illegal website content relating to child abuse, together with material of an unlawful nature. For more information about the IWF and its services please visit www.iwf.org.uk.
Reporting to Glide
To report any illegal or unacceptable use of Glide services, please send an email to email@example.com.
Spam is evil. Glide reserves the right to block any emails that have the characteristics of spam. You'll be contacted by Glide if any emails sent by you are blocked for this reason. Any spamming activity may result in suspension or termination of your service at Glide's option and sole discretion.
Breaches of this policy
If any customer's use of Glide's services constitute a breach of this policy, Glide may, at its option and discretion, either give the customer notice to stop the unacceptable use(s) or terminate that customer's services (with or without notice as Glide considers appropriate).
Traffic Management Policy
- Excessive use during peak time
We will monitor your Internet usage during peak times from 4pm to 2am each day. This is when the majority of customers use the network and when speeds could be affected by the excessive usage of a minority. If we consider that your usage is excessive during peak times we may slow down your connection for the rest of the day so that it has less effect on others. Only a very small number of customers will be affected by this (less than 2%). If you are affected, we will only slow down the speed you can get during peak times for applications which use a lot of bandwidth (for example, streaming, peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative effect on other customers. You will still be able to use the Internet to do other things normally such as browsing, email, instant messaging and VOIP. There are no restrictions in place outside of peak times.
- Traffic management of our Network
To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the CableCom Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 4pm to 2am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Internet customers can get on certain applications which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth (for example peer-to-peer and newsgroups) and which have a negative effect on other customers There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our network outside of peak times.