This policy sets out how we handle faults on our telephone and broadband services. It is the same document which our Support Team uses to diagnose and fix faults.
Nothing we’ve written here is contractual. When we supply our services and equipment to you, our terms and conditions apply.
How do I report an issue?
In order for us to start working on your issue straight away, it’s important that you let us know as soon as possible if you experience any problems. You can report an issue by sending us an email to email@example.com, calling us on 0333 666 5555 or by raising a ticket through your online portal. We’ll probably need to run through some tests with you, so please make sure you’re by your router if you call.
We’ve provided a list of questions that we might ask you on the call below.
Help, my broadband isn’t working!
What kind of issue are you having?
The support team will ask you about the cabling set up at your property and may ask you to complete a broadband service speed test through different connections to your router, so please have a PC or laptop turned on and ensure that you are at home in front of the router.
Is it something Glide can fix remotely?
In most cases – yes! Our support team will work to resolve the problem there and then, but if we cannot resolve something over the phone with you we will send you updates via e-mails, texts and calls, depending on the problem. We work hard to make sure we do everything we can to get you back online as soon as possible so if you have been promised a call back, please be patient as it can take us some time to fix your problem once we know about it.
Is this something that you can fix?
We sometimes need your help to fix faults. In these cases, our support team may ask you to connect to your router with a PC or laptop and work through fixing it with you over the phone. We will always walk you through this process step-by-step so please have your laptop turned on and ready before calling us.
Do you need a new router or an engineer visit?
Let us decide. We will work through the best option for your problem. In most cases an engineer visit to your property is not necessary, but if it is this may be chargeable. To help avoid any unnecessary charges, we need to make sure that the fault is not related to something that we can fix remotely. The support team will ask you to remove the cover from your telephone socket and check your service with a landline telephone. You will need a screw driver and a landline telephone to do this which is not something that Glide are able to supply as part of our service or support.
Not the account holder?
No problem! We work with a number of different customers and understand that you might not be the person paying the bill even if you are the person using our service. In such cases we will ask a series of additional security questions to make sure you are who you say before we start helping you. We make sure that these questions are ones you can answer without being the account holder.
We aim to fix all of our faults within 5 workings days and most issues are fixed much sooner than this.
Charges would apply in the following circumstances: If Glide have been unable to fix a problem with you over the phone, we may then require intervention from an engineer. Please be advised that this does carry the risk of charges.
- If the fault is with internal wiring or equipment which includes the BT telephone socket and faceplate of the BT telephone socket.
- If the fault is a result of accidental or deliberate damage on the part of the customer or their agents.
- If the fault is with Glide supplied hardware which includes the router and cabling we supply.
- If the fault is a result of third party equipment we have not supplied, such as a non-standard telephone socket, extension sockets, DSL or telephone line extension cables.
- If the fault is with equipment connected to our router such as an alarm or faulty telephone.
- If no fault is found. [We will never send an engineer unless we believe this is absolutely necessary but in some cases we are provided with incorrect or inaccurate information that may lead us to believe an engineer is required when this is not the case]
- If an engineer is responding at a prearranged date and timeslot and is unable to gain access to some or all of the areas of the property that are required in order to investigate the fault.
- If an engineer has to leave without completing the job because they were unable to gain access to part of their network located on private property such as a locked riser, an internal Distribution Point or to Council property.
Charges would not apply in the following circumstances:
- If the engineer correctly identifies a fault on the network that they are responsible for maintaining.
- If the engineer attends site but cannot complete the work on the day due to time constraints or if additional equipment is required to complete the job.
- If Glide receive an appointment cancellation request at least 1 working day before the appointment has been booked.
- If the fault is a result of damage to the network outside of the property as a result of force majeure.
The engineers we send are qualified support engineers supplied by Openreach. Prices for their services are available on their website here
Glide will only pass on charges as we receive from Openreach. Further details are available on our terms and conditions page here
If our Support Team determines that you could have a faulty router, we will send you a replacement router. This will be free of charge so long as your old router has not been damaged in any way. If you have damaged the router, then you will be charged £79.99 inclusive of VAT for the replacement.
Please send your faulty router back to us within 14 days. If we do not receive this, there will be charge of £79.99 inclusive of VAT. We recommend that you send your router back to us via recorded delivery so we can track where it is. Faulty routers should be returned to:
Glide Returns, 1 First Avenue, Maybrook Business Park, Birmingham, B76 1BA
IF you have Virgin Broadband through Glide you will need to contact Virgin directly on 0345 454 1111 who will send you a pre-paid bag or arrange a collection. Please be advised they can take up to 2 weeks to send these out so if you are moving out of the property please take the router with you and get the bag delivered or collected to your preferred address.
Not happy with the service you have received?
Our friendly support staff are always on hand to offer help and assistance with your broadband but if we haven’t given you the support you expected, please let us know by following our escalation process. This is available here