Looking after our vulnerable customers is a top priority for Glide and this policy sets out how Glide helps customers with special requirements.
Priority Services Register
Glide maintains a Priority Services Register to help customers with special requirements.
We'll also share this information with the relevant gas transporter, metering agents and electricity distributors so they are also aware.
Customers, or anyone in their household, can register with our Priority Services Register if they:
- Have a chronic illness
- Are over 60 years of age
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Are deaf or hard of hearing
- Have another type of disability or special need
Priority services we offer
Examples of the priority service we offer include:
- Text Relay – allows customer to communicate with text phones
- Password scheme – so you can be sure of representatives when they visit your home
- Nominated contact for billing – we can send your bills to a third party
- Bills in alternative formats – we can send our bills in Braille, large print and talking bills
- Moving your meter – we can move your meter to a more accessible location
We also provide the Text Relay service that allows people using text phones to make calls to people using a standard voice phone. By using the appropriate Text Relay access code (as shown below) an operator will help translate the call between the text and voice users. Text Relay calls will appear on your bill as an operator call. To use Text Relay simply use the following codes:
- 18001 before the full national number for a text to text or text to voice call
- 18002 before the full national number for a voice to text call
- 18000 to dial the emergency services from a text phone – there is no need to dial 999
How to register
Please complete this form to register on our Priority Services Register or alternatively you can register over the telephone by contacting us.