Salary: £50-60 k + car allowance
Glide are specialists in difficult to serve markets. Our business is all about delivering pioneering connectivity solutions through the development and innovation of cutting-edge technology.
We are seeking like-minded, passionate & talented individuals to help us succeed.
We provide a fabulous place to work, a great company ethos, and a supportive environment to develop your skills and experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Sales Manager to join our Business Sales Team.
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Sales Manager to join our team and expand our market presence. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales initiatives, forging key partnerships, and driving revenue growth in the rapidly evolving ICT sector.
The role holder will sell multiple product solutions to existing and new logo business and education sector customers , either directly or through partners. The products include Managed WiFi, Internet Access, Managed Firewalls, Hosted VoIP, multi-site connectivity and IoT solutions.
- Strategic Sales Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to achieve revenue targets, identify new business and growth opportunities and market trends.
- Business Development: Cultivate and manage strategic partnerships, alliances and collaborations to drive revenue and market share.
- Customer Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their needs and ensuring customer satisfaction. Work with the Service Management and Service Delivery teams to ensure high quality post-sales support.
- Market intelligence: Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities and emerging technologies to inform strategic decision making, market plans and product development (including service offerings and new bundles).
- Complex Solutions: Evaluate customer needs and create cost-effective and compelling solutions from a range of internal and partner resources, including finding new partners and services to address customer needs. Be able to explain technology at a high-level and translate this into business benefits.
- Sales Forecasting and Reporting: Provide accurate sales forecasts and regular reports to senior management, highlighting key performance metrics and plans for improvement.
Skills and experience:
- Sector experience: Experience of a sales role within the ICT sector, some Education and Public sector experience is desirable. Other relevant sectors are vendor equipment or other ICT adjacent sectors or business technology sales in SME and/or medium-large business, A track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- Sales focus: A solutions selling approach with a strong understanding of business customer needs. The ability to generate new opportunities as well as deal with existing customers. Strong internal and external negotiation skills.
- Account Management: Understands principles of account management including how to handle objections and use multiple contacts within the target organisation.
- Industry Knowledge: Some understanding of the ICT sector, including customers, emerging technologies and market trends.
- Product knowledge: Support and training will be given but a knowledge of some of the following products would be useful: Managed WiFi, Structured Cabling, Internet Access, Multi-site Networks, Firewalls, Hosted VoIP, Data Centre Co-location, IoT.
- Numeracy – Must be able to understand costs and prices, create business cases. Flex pricing to be CAPEX or OPEX biased. Understand customers’ business drivers.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas, benefits and proposals to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Self-management: Organised with the ability to prioritise and manage own time. Able to make decisions quickly.
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted Dental Scheme
- Life Insurance cover
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work
- Voucher scheme and retail discount card
- Monthly awards based on Glide’s values
You may have experience in: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager